Calling all businesses!
The Canadian government has some money for you to spend…
What is it?
The Canadian Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) is a micro-grant program that’ll give businesses up to $2,400 to help with costs related to implementing ecommerce into their business, or for improving or marketing an existing ecommerce website.
Since 2020, we all know online shopping has skyrocketed.
Many small businesses have already made the leap to selling online, and for those that haven’t, you’re in the right place.
Who is it for?
This grant is open to any businesses that meet the following requirements:
- Is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and cooperatives);
- Is a registered or incorporated business;
- Is a consumer-facing business;
- Can be accessed by customers or provides in person services to customers;
- Has at least one employee (other than the owner) OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the most recent tax year
What can I use it for?
Eligible micro-grant costs include, but are not limited to:
- Costs related to implementation or improvement of a digital ecommerce plan (i.e. website development, electronic payment)
- Costs related to website search optimization
- Costs related to the installation of an ecommerce platform (incl. subscription fees)
- Costs of back-office solutions to support e-commerce strategy
- Costs of social media advertising
- Costs related to the creation of customer databases
As it states, this money can be used to help you build a new ecommerce platform, improve upon your existing shop, or use digital marketing like SEO or SEM to grow your business.
How do I start?
The first step is to get a quote for work you need done. That’s where we come in. Contact us to set up a call or meeting to discuss your project, and we can provide you with a quote to complete the work.
If you’re curious about how to get started with ecommerce, take a look at our latest blog post titled ‘Building an Ecommerce Site and How to Prepare for it.’
Second, apply for the grant.
This program is put on by the Government of Canada in partnership with regional partners. In Saskatchewan, the regional partners are the Saskatchewan Economic Development Alliance, Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Digital Main Street, and Economic Development Regina.
If you’re a Saskatchewan based company, you can learn more and apply for the grant here https://connectedsask.ca/cdap-eng/.
For companies in all other provinces, you can start here https://ised-isde.canada.ca/site/canada-digital-adoption-program/en/grow-your-business-online-get-started.
The program will be available until March 2025, subject to remaining grant availability.