There are still many companies who spend most of their marketing budget on traditional advertising. “It has always worked, so it should work now as well” they say. However, people’s media consumption habits have changed drastically in the last decade with the emergence of new media interfaces. People who read print magazines are now browsing articles on their mobile devices, and similarly, people who watched TV have now moved to Youtube for their video needs.
Here are some interesting facts to consider:
- YouTube reaches more people between 18 and 34 years of age than any cable network
- About 25% of smart phone users 18–44 years of age say they can’t remember the last time their smart phone was not with them
- Facebook has around 1.28 billion users, that’s 1280 million users and 23% of them login at least 5 times per day
- Around 50% of people say Facebook is their number one influencer of purchases
- People spend an average of 1.8 hours a day using their mobile device, outranking TV, PC, and any other channel out there
Whether you are a big company or just starting up, you should have a social media strategy. Don’t miss out on opportunities to grow your business in the digital world.
Read more about Internet marketing from our next week’s post, or come visit us to learn everything you need to know.