Job Posting: Full Stack Developer
Yas is a high-end, energetic web development firm in Saskatoon. We’re looking for someone to join our growing Let’s Camp development team.
Let’s Camp (https://letscamp.ca) is an online reservation software and platform for campgrounds that we built in-house. We’ve had good growth to date but it’s time to scale. Let’s Camp is a major division of our company and the mission is to help people spend more time outdoors. You’d be a key player in making this happen.
We’re seeking a developer who will play a large role in developing new features for our booking platform as well as maintaining the existing framework.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and implement highly-responsive UI components using React concepts
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support UI concepts
- Monitoring and improving application performance
- Documenting application changes and developing updates
- Developing a flexible REST API to be consumed by an application
- Optimizing MongoDB queries to ensure speed and reliability
- Participating and contributing in discussions surrounding design and best practices
- Collaborating closely with a small team to deliver optimal solutions
- Researching and implementing open source libraries
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with ReactJS or similar SPA frameworks
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience building server side apps with Node.js using Express or similar frameworks
- Familiarity with the MERN stack
- Experience with git and working in feature branches (Gitflow)
- Experience creating js heavy frontend apps
- Experience deploying and developing using container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience creating and tending to unit tests
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
Expectations of Yas:
- Provide development workstation
- Provide training, strategy, and direction
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Competitive benefits packages
Note: We are only able to consider candidates who either live in Canada, or currently have an active Canadian work visa or citizenship for this role.