TGIF!In order to help all the lovely Saskatoon businesses thrive online, we started the #fridaybiztip. Our goal is to give you guys an online tip every Friday (or at least most) for you to hum and haw over the weekend.
#FRIDAYBIZTIP NO.2 – How to Make Bangin Visuals Without a Graphic Designer…For FREE!How many of you are about 10x more likely to pay attention or read a social media post that uses a visual (photo, memes, GIFs, etc.) vs. just text? Oh, that’s right… basically everyone! It is human nature. I think most people on this planet are more engaged by visual content. Visuals can often paint a picture that words simply cannot. The exception to this is of course, a novel. Again majority of the population can attest that the movie is just never quite as good as the book. However, when your business is posting on social media, creating a presentation, or putting up a poster there is simply no place to begin writing a novel, nor is that what your customers want to see.
Thus, a major online sub-biz tip: the best way to engage your audience or teach your audience is through visuals.Here are some stats so you know I am not making this stuff up (it really is quite important):
- Visual content is more than 40x more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content (Source)
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images (Source)
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3x more engagement than those without images (Source)
- Articles with an image once every 75-100 words got double the number of social shares than articles with fewer images (Source)
- People following directions with text and illustrations do 323% better than people following directions without illustrations (Source)