YasTech Talks Website Essentials at ‘Ideas on Tap’: Content is King
Back in May we were asked to present at a local networking event called “Ideas on Tap“. This event is put on once a month by Vendasta (a large tech company headquartered in Saskatoon). Each month features a new topic and Saskatonians are invited to come, grab a beer, some snacks, and be enlightened as community members talk on their specialty.
Our specialty, of course, is anything and everything to do with websites. When we were asked to present at the May 27th IOT “Website Essentials”, we jumped at the opportunity. There are so many things that are essential when it comes to websites. However one stood out above all. Content. That’s right. No matter how stellar your design, how good your SEO – without quality content, your website will not be doing it’s main job – that is converting visitors into customers.
Of course we needed a cool way to present this (without boring everyone to death), thus our presentation titled “Content is King – A Cliche Packed Presentation” was born.
Here are the highlights of our presentation.
4 Clichés on WHY Content is ♕
1.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
♕ Visual Appeal. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
- Make an impression
2. Dangle a carrot in front of them.
♕ Conversions. Dangle a carrot in front of them.
- Turn those visitors into customers
3. Finding a needle in a haystack.
♕ SEO. Finding a needle in a haystack.
- Your content needs to be found.
4. Love is blind.
♕ Engagement. Love is blind.
- Use content to engage customers with your brand
4 Clichés on HOW to Make ♕ Content
1.A pictures says a thousand words.
♕ Professional Only. A picture says a thousand words.
- Turn those visitors into customers with quality images
2. When in Rome, do as Romans do.
♕ Know Your Audience. When in Rome, do as Romans do.
- Speak their lingo, tell them what to do, show them what they want to know & don’t forget the CTAs
3. Built like a brick shit house.
♕ Blogging. Built like a brick shit house.
- Your most solid source for content. SEO, engagement & building creditability
4. It’s go time.
♕ Write Right. It’s go time.
- When it comes time to write, don’t forget keywords & your audience
Last take-away….Time is money.
♕ Don’t waste time. Create some content.
- One last take-away is give yourself a deadline. Force yourself to have it done by a specific date. Continuously improve later. And try to keep your content fresh and updated.
Watch the Video Here:
Want to receive info like this in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to receive our monthly online marketing newsletter and to stay up to date with the happenings at YasTech.